Abandoned Child/Orphan Benefit
Benefit paid to a child or young person in the event of death/abandonment of both parents.
• The child must have lost both parent through death.
• The child attends formal education
• To the satisfaction of the Social Services Department, the child is considered as abandoned.
• Valid ID card of claimant and child
• Birth certificate of the child
• Death certificate of the deceased parent
• Active bank details in which the allowance is to be transferred,
• School confirmation letter
• Report from Social Services Department in case of abandonment
Applicable since from birth to when the child completes full time education or formal schooling.