This benefit is paid towards any person or children who is depending on someone who is receiving any disability, invalidity or sickness benefit .
• The person or children must be depending on the recipient of the statutory benefit
• For Maternity benefit the mother can only claim for children depending on her except for the new born
• For retirement pension, the person can only claim this benefit if he/she was receiving Invalidity Benefit prior to reaching retirement age and the dependent was declared then
• For injury/disablement benefit the calculation for dependent benefit will depend on the percentage of incapacity on which the beneficiary is being paid.
Valid as long as the recipient remains on the benefit. If the dependent is a child, he /she will receive the assistance as long as he/she remains in formal education.
• Valid ID cards for both the beneficiary and the dependent
• Birth certificate
• School/ professional centers confirmation letter